The position of Seed Technology Manager has become available in the Research Department at the Stark Ayres Head Office in Johannesburg (South Africa). Deadline for application is 15 January 2016, and more information can be found here: Seed Technology Manager – KFN – Dec 2015
Reporting to the Research Manager, the purpose of the position is twofold:
(1) To develop, seek, test and implement seed treatments and technologies to complement Starke Ayres genetics, and
(2) To oversee functioning of the QA process by taking into account all relevant data for each seed lot (genetic purity, seed health, germination and vigour) and deciding on the most appropriate course of action in order to maximize rapid sale of approved seed and minimize risk for potentially problematic seed lots.
- Continuously look out for new ways to positively complement and add value to the genetics of Starke Ayres seeds.
- Oversee implementation and adoption of validated treatments/methods into the factory.
- Design and develop novel seed treatment processes to apply seed treatment formulations to seeds that maintain or improve upon treated seed characteristics and that are transferable to manufacturing.
- Monitor trends in quality parameters (moisture / germination) of stored seed lots to ensure minimal loss of saleable seed.
- Oversee the Quality assurance process from a high level to co-ordinate results from the seed germination laboratory, the biotechnology laboratory and pathology laboratory.
- MSc (Agric) / MSc with Botany
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Computer literacy (Word & Excel – Intermediate to Advanced level) essential
- Strong communication and organisational skills and attention to detail will be required in order to be successful in this role.
Interested and suitably qualified? Forward your CV to the HR Department via e-mail: email@example.com (NB: Please use the name and area of the position as a reference on the application)
Closing date for applications: Friday, 15 January 2016